Monday, March 31, 2008

Water Canyon
























































This was my third trip into this canyon and it was just as sweet as the first two trips. The place is awesome. Sloan came with me on this one so it was really fun. It was her first time backpacking and she liked it more than I even thought she would. As far as the scenery their is not much to dislike. It is a beautiful canyon with a bunch of waterfalls and everything is pretty green this time of year. We actually got up into some snow as we neared the top but despite that and a cold wind we had a great time on top of the cliffs above Colorado City. The wind died down as the sun sat and gave us a couple really pleasant hours to sit around the fire and check out the stars. It was nice to crawl into the bags with my pretty wife instead of just a cold empty tent like I had the weekend before. We stayed up late playing cards, I talked her into a little strip poker but after I elbowed her in the eye and she kicked me in the somache we decided the two man tent wasnt quit big enough. Just kiddin , we played for matches. The next morning we hung out into the early afternoon playing around and eating breakfast before the wind picked up and brought in some threatening clouds. We were able to have a nice hike out and get to the truck before the rain started. It was a perfect trip. Sloan described backpacking perfectly. She said "its like medicine". I couldnt agree more. That is exactly what it is - sweet sweet medicine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this place looks awesome and it sounds like you guys had fun. miss you wish i was going to see in you in two days like the rest of the family. :( love you!
tash

Anonymous said...

Last time I took the little lady backpacking it was in Deep Creek and after we all went skinny dipping in one of the pools she started chewing me out and never stopped until we arrived home.

LL